Miss Sunshine Rolle
DESCRIPTION OF COURSE
- Textbook: Concepts in Action (Prentice Hall)
- Combination of Chemistry and Physics
- Intended to provide a foundation for later scientific studies and allow students to better understand the concepts in the natural and technical world.
COVERAGE OF TOPICS
- Introductory of Science Concepts
- Periodic Table & Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding & Reactions
- Force & Motion
- Energy & Waves
- Final Exam (Chemistry & Physics Portions)
RULES & EXPECTATIONS
- NO ELECTRONICS…which includes cell phones, electronic devices, social media, or gaming.
- Be Responsible for your own learning
- Be respectful and respectable at ALL TIMES.
- Come to class prepared---tablet charged, paper, writing utensils (supplies)
- Follow all school rules, including NO PERSONAL ELECTRONIC DEVICES, NO FOOD/BEVERAGES IN CLASS, WEARING APPROPRIATE CLOTHING, ETC. (Refer to Students’ Handbook for the complete list of school rules).
- 1st: Reprimanding (verbal, stern look, or small conversation to correct situation)
- 2nd: Parent contact
- 3rd: Lunch Detention and Parent Contact
- 4th: Referral
**For major or repetitive offenses, student may be immediately referred to an administrator for reprimanding.
- Semester grades are 45% (each), and the final exam is 10%.
- Grades for this course:
- Tests, Projects & Labs: 60%
- Classwork: 20%
- Quizzes: 20%
- Final Exam: 10%
- South Carolina’s New Grading Scale
- 100-90 (A) 89-80 (B) 79-70 (C) 69-60 (D) 59-Below (F)
CLASSWORK & QUIZZES (40%)
- Quizzes are usually announced days before being administered.
NOTE: Quizzes may be administered at random (pop quizzes).
TESTS, PROJECTS & LABS (60%)
- Tests will be announced days before being administered.
- Students will be required to do at least one project this semester. I will allot time in class (full day or remaining time of a class period) for students to work on projects, ask questions, or seek help. Project(s) will be assigned in a timely manner; therefore, students will have all necessary time/resources to complete and submit project(s).
- Labs will be announced in a timely manner; therefore, if special dress is required, students will have sufficient notice.
- Students are more than welcomed to make appointments for assistance.
LATE OR MAKE UP POLICY
- Students are responsible for any missed assignments or making up of assignments.
- Students have 5 days after returning from an excused absence to collect and submit any missed assignments.
- Assignments not submitted within the 5-day grace period will result in a zero.
- Students are allowed 1 retake per test, and the retake must be made up within the 5-day grace period. The highest grade received for a retake is 69 (D).
- For labs and making up/retaking tests, students may have to stay after school (3:01p to 4:00p) for completion and/or submission.
NEEDING TO CONTACT?...
- 803 377 5088
Student and Parent/Guardian Information
I have read and agree with the syllabus stated above. I plan to do my part to make sure that we have the best year possible and achieve all of our learning expectations.
Student name: ________________ Student signature:__________________
Parent/Guardian signature: _______________________
Parent/Guardian Contact number: ______________
Parent/Guardian email: _________________
Medical information :